To provide Founders and other business leaders with some answers, Maria Josife invited two people experienced in Board roles and investing in start-up/scaling companies to share their perspectives, Jane Reddin and Mark Brooker. We share their collective thoughts on what skills and experience make a good Chair or NED, and why sometimes Founders have to ‘let go’.
- Why does the Board need expertise from outside the business?
- You’ve only got one place on the Board to fill — how do you prioritize your wish list?
- Why is experience of scaling important in your choice?
- Should a Founder be worried about relinquishing control?
- How might a Board change over time?
- How do you manage an underperforming Board member?
- How do you choose between a NED in a current role and one with more time on their hands?
- Is there a formula for getting it right?
View the write up from the Building Your Board Webinar HERE.